Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information to provide you with our Services. When we require certain personal information from users it is because we are required by law to collect this information or it is relevant for specified purposes. Any information you provide to us that is not required is voluntary. You are free to choose whether to provide us with the types of personal information requested, but we may not be able to serve you as effectively or offer you all of our Services when you do choose not to share certain information with us. For example, we collect personal information which is required under the law to open an account, add a payment method, or execute a transaction.
Information we collect
When you create an account on this website with the purpose to purchase an item or create a Wish List you will enter your name and surname, address, email address and a password only! You won't enter your credit card details;
If you wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter you will only enter your email address
Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Josephina Lace will not have access to that information at any time.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
Use, storage and disclosure of your information
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services;
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
- To meet our contractual commitments to you;
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent; and
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk;
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors; We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent; As per Paypal's Policy (our third party payment processor) we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties
We may disclose your personal data outside of our group:
- We will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password that is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
- You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Josephina Lace by e-mail about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
- In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, please ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process or when you go through the checkout to pay for your products. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01462 713 515 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and /or user information, we are entitled do so, for the purpose of further investigations
How we Protect and Store Personal Information
- We understand how important your privacy is, which is why we maintain (and require our Service service providers to maintain) appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal information you entrust to us.
- We protect your personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. For example, we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
For example, we use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and no employees or even computer engineers have access to sensitive information related to Josephina Lace’s website or its customers’ sensitive information, such as date of birth and credit card details. The websites and/or domains www.josephinalace.com and www.josephinalace.co.uk are hosted and powered by EKM Systems Ltd, registered address Caxton Rd, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9ZB, a very reputable UK technology company.
- However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur, as we cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us by Internet or wireless connection, including e-mail, phone, or SMS, since we have no way of protecting that information once it leaves and until it reaches us. If you have reason to believe that your data is no longer secure, please contact us at the email address email@example.com or telephone number 01462 713 515
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly request to collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, we will require the user to close his or her account and will not allow the user to continue any transaction. We will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to our Services.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in the cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your personal experience of the site.
We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation that is currently in place.
When you shop on this website our third party payment processors will ask you to input and collect personal information such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password.
At the time of your purchase our third party providers may collect information about where you are on the Internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information").
Our third party Payment Processors may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders (by our third party Payment Processors);
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you;
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Josephina Lace by e-mail or in writing, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you;
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that Josephina Lace uses. All such third parties are aware they must treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your personal information to any company for their mailing or marketing purposes.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Unsubscribing From Our Personal Database
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by simply clicking on the word "Unsubscribe" at the top of our email you have received or by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, Alternatively, you can do this by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01462 713515 between 9am and 6pm from Monday to Saturday (GMT).